Sunday, April 26, 2009

WOOTS


so! guess what? today was cool. I got my Personal Progress/Young Woman Recognition Award! I got a silver one (i asked to have silver). Why? Well, 2 reasons. 1-I like how silver looks better than gold. It looks more pure and pretty, it also looks better on me. 2-I once heard this story. I'm gonna put it here for you:

"Parable of the Silversmith"

Some time ago, a few ladies met to study the scriptures. While reading the
3rd chapter of Malachi, they came upon a remarkable statement in the 3rd
verse: "He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver" (Malachi 3:3).

One lady decided to visit a silversmith, and report to the others on what he
said about the subject. She went accordingly, and without telling the
silversmith the reason for her visit, begged him to tell her about the
process of refining silver.

After he had fully described it to her, she asked, "Sir, do you watch while
the work of refining is going on?"

"Oh, yes ma'am," replied the silversmith. "I must sit and watch the furnace
constantly, for, if the time necessary for refining is exceeded in the
slightest degree, the silver will be injured."

The lady at once saw the beauty and comfort of the statement, "He shall sit
as a refiner and purifier of silver." God sees it as necessary to put His
children into the furnace -- but His eye is steadily intent on the work of
purifying, and His wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for
us. Our trials do not come at random, and He will not let us be tested
beyond what we can endure.

Before she left, the lady asked one final question, "How do you know when
the process is finished?"

"Oh, that's quite simple," replied the silversmith . . . "When I can see my
own image in the silver, the refining process is complete."

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

This is a great story, Em! I think maybe the silver represents the change you are trying to make. I am very proud of you.